Nucraft is committed to supporting responsible environmental policies and practices in all that we do. In every business decision, we consider the effect on ecological, social and economic systems. Below are examples of our practices that support our sustainability beliefs.
- We buy hardwood veneers grown in U.S. forests managed for sustainable yields.
- Our finishes are formulated for employee safety and low-environmental impact.
- We meet, and often exceed, all government emissions standards.
- We have Environmental Management System (EMS) practices in place that support the reduction of waste and promote recycling throughout our workplace.
- We contribute corporate resources to organizations that share our respect and commitment to the environment.
Our products are manufactured to meet one or more of the following credit requirements of the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Rating Systems. (Please reference individual Environmental Statements for product specific attributes)
- Credit MR 4.1 - Recycled Content (10%)
- Credit MR 4.2 - Recycled Content (20%)
- Credit EQ 4.5 - Low Emitting Materials: Systems Furniture and Seating
- Credit MR 6 - Rapidly Renewable Materials (5%)
- Credit MR 7 - Certified Wood (50%)
- Detailed Environmental Statements that document the exact percentages for each product line can be downloaded by clicking here.
As a manufacturer of high-quality wood furniture, we understand our obligation to nature for our success. We acknowledge this debt by striving to be environmentally-sensitive in all that we do.